Break the Stigma is our annual fundraiser to help increase access to our program and support for our current members. This year’s event will include a week of experiences including; informational sessions, social engagements, and raising awareness. For more information or to get involved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations received support enhanced programming, member needs and increased access to services. Please consider how your gift will offer support and access to crucial mental health services for our community. You can donate here through our website or by texting the word "Sheldon" to 50155. Thank you for your consideration and support!
Where does my donation go?
- Assures virtual Sheldon House opportunities are accessible to members.
- Assures access to Sheldon House membership is available to more people.
- Provides social and community engagement opportunities to Sheldon House members.
- Provides essential employment related resources for a members returning to work (clothing, shoes, transportation support). Support educational needs of Sheldon House members.
- Supports the purchase and delivery of care packages to members negatively impacted by the pandemic.
- Supports enhanced programming for Sheldon House young adults
- Supports a meal program that keeps cost minimal to the member.
Allows for over 300 hours of skill development and training
Provides nutritional education and 250+ well-balanced meals
Provides a month of job coaching and support for 2 members
Provides social opportunities to reduce isolation and increase sense of community
Break the Stigma
Break the Stigma is an annual event organized by Sheldon House to raise mental health awareness and funds to support the work of Sheldon House. We believe that with knowledge and understanding of mental illness, the stigma will be reduced. We believe that anyone living with a mental illness in Kent County should have access to the support and resources provided by Sheldon House.